We are proud to be partnering with our client, a leader in composite piping solutions. They design and manufacture composite piping solutions for use across multiple industries such as: O&G, Water and Industrial. This is a very important role for our client as they are looking for an HSE Officer to handle all of their HSE duties.
The HSE Officer is responsible for overseeing the companies HSE program. Furthermore, this position designs, oversees, and participates in waste and emissions minimization programs, provides leadership in emergency response efforts/training drills and monitors developments, trends and legislation related to industry transportation safety, occupational safety, environmental and security risks and evaluate impact on business operations.
- Develop and Update HSE Policies, Manual, Standards, Guidelines and other HSE documentation applicable to people, material and facilities to meet company and local authority requirements.
- Develop and roll out appropriate HSE training for employees as required to ensure that safety general company and specific job safety requirements are well understood
- Ensure plan in place and working to ensure equipment is properly maintained (e.g. Forklifts, PPE, slings for cranes etc.)
- Ensure system in place to collect Hazard Reports, Near Misses and Incidents/Accidents;
- Plan and Conduct Safety Audits / Inspection together with other plant representatives per company targets
- Ensure all accidents and incidents are properly reported to the Global HSE Manager
- Lessons from incidents/Hazard Reports/Near Misses/Spills etc. should be analyzed, reported monthly and used as inputs into local safety improvement programmes and training programmes
- Maintain a database for HSE accidents / incidents, waste controls, energy controls etc. to facilitate monthly reporting and analysis.
- Ensure there is a working Safety Committee on site so that employees have a forum to raise concerns
- OSHA experience
- EPA/Air Permitting experience
- Experience with both water and non hazardous waste management
- At least 3 years HSE experience in a manufacturing company
- Experience in participating in accident and incident investigations, sharing and implementation of lessons learned.
- Experience of delivering HSE trainings
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Industrial Safety