We are proud to be partnering with our client, a world-class midstream company who is striving to create a sustainable, independent liquid storage terminals business. They have 20+ terminals across North America and store Ethanol, Vegetable Oils, Bio Diesel and more. This is a very important role for our client as they are looking for a HSER Coordinator that has experience specifically with maintaining water and waste permits. If you do not have this experience, you will not be considered for this opportunity.
The HSER Coordinator is responsible for maintaining permits and plans associated with water and waste permits. You will respond to spills and manage post spill remediation as needed. You will also coordinate activities of environmental programs and the operation and treatment of stormwater, wastewater, and hazardous materials by performing the following duties. You will be office out of Long Beach, remote work is currently not an option.
HSER Coordinator Responsibilities: 3 terminals, 2 pumping stations, and some pipeline.
- Ensure water compliance activities are completed
- Maintain the Stormwater Permit requirements
- Gauge monitoring wells if present
- Collect stormwater samples and send to lab for analysis
- Maintain statutory plans
- Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasures (SPCC) Plan
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention (SWPP) Plan
- Monitoring Implementation Plan (MIP)
- Facility Response Plan (FRP)
- Oil Spill Contingency Plan (OSCP)
- Maintain the Wastewater requirements
- Collect wastewater samples and send to lab for analysis as needed
- Assist with any local or state water permits, and plans required to maintain compliance
- Support HSER Manager with Emergency Response Activities
Quality Manager Requirements
- BS with 5+ year’s related experience in an Environmental specific role
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to communicate effectively with regulatory authorities, government officials, major customers, and executives within the organization.
- Experience in a globally and technically diverse workplace.
- Previous experience related to the enforcement of federal and state regulations (Cal-OSHA, Cal-EPA, LARWQB, Cal-Fire, OSHA, DOT, EPA, USCG, NRC, etc.)
- Preferred experience: working with high volume petroleum products and chemicals.