Title: HR Generalist
Location: Pleasant Prairie, WI
Reports to: Group HR Business Partner
Lucas Group Job ID: 1576972
Role Overview: This person will predominately support an hourly manufacturing staff at the plant. There are 200 people at this location. They are nonunion at this site and across the entire organization. This is the only HR Generalist at the location. This individual will work hand in hand with the Plant GM to support the site daily. This person will manage employee relations, assist with further career development and retention efforts for the site, and will be leading support there onsite daily. Also tasked with HR Generalist administrative duties. There is support from corporate HQs for things like recruitment, comp & ben, and some HRIS type functions.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for assigned client groups; assists in the development and implementation of human resource policies and procedures.
- Conducts recruitment efforts for all exempt and nonexempt employees.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Administers the compensation program; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises, as necessary.
- Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- 3+ years Human Resource generalist experience.
- Manufacturing industry experience
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification or ability to obtain certification within 12 months.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Lean principles and tools a strong plus.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred but not required
- Experience supporting similar-sized employee populations of minimally 100+
About Lucas Group
Lucas Group is North America’s premier executive recruiting solutions firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist clients ranging in size from small to medium-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies by providing staffing solutions on a contract, contract-to-hire, and direct-hire basis. To learn more, please visit Lucas Group at www.lucasgroup.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.