Title: Human Resources Coordinator/Generalist
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Length of Assignment: 6 months with a possible extension
Location: Swedesboro, NJ
Lucas Group ID: 1568409
Lucas Group is looking for a Human Resources Coordinator/Generalist for a manufacturing and supply chain client. This person must be administratively strong, a self-starter, and able to be the onboarding expert for the organization. They will maintain all electronic personnel files, manage the onboarding process, work with the union, and generally handle all HR functions at the New Jersey location. They will be joining a dynamic team that is focused on business growth.
- Manage and maintain all electronic personnel records and specific documentation.
- Maintain accurate records and manage personnel processes for new hire, terminations, and all other employment statuses.
- Create and maintain all HR administrative processes, including letters, documentation, on site employee records, on-boarding, off-boarding, etc.
- Provide management and oversight for all site reporting, creating reports and providing accurate information to the site managers and the global HR management team.
- Create and maintain a positive relationship with the union, in order to effectively manage employees day-to-day, while understanding and negotiating rights and privileges for both employees and managers. Liaise with on-site managers and global HR on all union matters.
- At least 3 years as a HR coordinator or generalist in a union environment.
- Knowledge of general HR practices, benefits administration, and professional guidelines and employment laws.
- Experience with employee relations, recruitment, and retention.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding employee-specific issues, in compliance with company policy, local and federal regulations.
- Excellent communication and people skills, with demonstrated ability to develop strong relationships with all levels of employees and leaders.
Lucas Group is North America's premier executive search firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist mid-tier to Fortune 500 clients to find transcendent, executive talent; candidates fully realize their career ambitions; and associates find professional success. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA with 16 regional offices, our trusted, consultative, and passionate recruitment professionals combine industry depth and geographic breadth to deliver superior results. To learn more, please visit Lucas Group at www.lucasgroup.com.