Lucas Group has partnered with our client in their search for a HPC DevOps Engineer. Our client is a modern geophysical technology company applying big data concepts to record and image Earth’s subsurface supporting the energy industry, including O&G, offshore renewables, carbon capture, and storage.
This HPC DevOps Engineer will enjoy working on a highly intelligent and collaborative team of High-Performance Computing Engineers that manage on-premise Linux servers and participate in the moving of HPC capabilities to the cloud. Our clients have moved over 130 business application servers into the cloud and there is still great potential. Teamwork is highly valued and creative solutions and ideas are highly encouraged!
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Participate in the global support team installing and maintain hub, vessel, and remote site systems and peripherals.
- Maintain customer communication and problem information using the service management tool
- Support of hardware and software
- Implement CI/CD pipeline tasks and participate in deployment using orchestration tools
- 5+ years in Linux Operating Systems: CentOs, Linux Kernels
- 5+ years experience with Storage: Disk Subsystems, Storage Area Networks
- 5+ years experience with Computer Hardware: Intel/AMD x86 architecture/maintenance
- 1+ years of experience in Cloud Technologies - preference for GCP or AWS
- 1+ year with DevOps - CI/CD
Educational & Work Requirements:
- A Computer Science Degree
- 7+ years equivalent industry experience
Title: HPC DevOps Engineer
Location: Houston, TX
Client Industry: Oil & Gas
Lucas Group ID: 1589137