Lucas Group has strategically partnered with The Trevor Project, the world’s largest suicide prevention and crisis intervention organization for LGBTQ young people.
We are searching for a Head of Product & UX who could be based remotely to lead the product roadmap and strategy for the organization’s digital and voice products and services, including crisis response, peer support, and self-service.
This Head of Product & UX will serve as the champion for all of our user groups, including youth, staff, volunteer counselors, and other external users and will have the single greatest impact in helping The Trevor Project reach its goal of serving more than 1.8 million crisis contacts every year.
What You’ll Do:
Who You Are
- Own and communicate the product vision, strategy and roadmap for The Trevor Project’s technology products and services to internal and external stakeholders
- Lead development and launch of new products and expansion of existing products. Build and coach on a research-informed product roadmapping and prioritization process that achieves desired organizational goals
- Establish and run scalable processes to keep the full product development process smooth and maintain a high level of quality across all of our products
- Define metrics and KPIs that the team will use to measure success of the features and products that we build
- Build, grow, and lead our world-class product management, program management, and user experience teams to meet the needs of LGBTQ youth across the country and around the world
- Build relationships and partnerships with teams across the organization to ensure our technology supports our ambitious quality and expansion goals, and also leaves room for foundational UX research that may surface new opportunities for the organization
- Remain close to our products and users by occasionally participating in crisis counseling and content moderation activities on our Crisis Services and TrevorSpace and conducting and coaching team through quantitative and qualitative user data analysis
- Experienced. You have an extensive record leading and mentoring world-class product, program, and UX teams, building and scaling web and native mobile applications to international audiences, and applications benefiting from advanced data science and machine learning
- Innovative. You enable a culture of innovation through the establishment of psychological safety, feedback, experimentation, and clear and transparent goal setting
- Results-focused. You establish clear timelines and operational frameworks that drive projects to completion. You feel comfortable delivering 360 degree feedback across the org chart to help our team achieve results
- Collaborative. You understand that the best way to meet and exceed goals is through outstanding teamwork. You have a growth mindset and love learning and seeking out challenges
- Organized. You know how to manage multiple complex projects and competing priorities through strong prioritization and planning and are comfortable navigating ambiguity. You are excited about building products in a rapidly evolving landscape
- Camera-ready. You can communicate clearly and concisely, whether you are speaking to small groups, at conferences, or to media
- Passionate. You care about LGBTQ youth. You care about saving lives. You want to come to work and feel inspired every day. You want to change the world
About Lucas Group
Lucas Group is North America’s premier executive recruiting solutions firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist clients ranging in size from small to medium-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies by providing staffing solutions on a contract, contract-to-hire, and direct-hire basis. To learn more, please visit Lucas Group at www.lucasgroup.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
Title: Head of Product & UX
Client Industry: Non-Profit
Client Job ID: 1588197