We are proud to be partnering with our client, a rapidly growing, world-leading CDMO that supports their partners in the bio-pharmaceutical space with the development and production of their biologic, vaccines and advanced therapies. This is a very important role for our client as they are looking for a polished leader that would be interested in moving into a executive level role.
The Head of Process Development provides strong scientific and administrative leadership to the Process Development and Process Sciences Departments, setting annual goals and objectives and long range planning. The Department Head creates high-level business strategy for the departments, oversees the management of resources and coordinates activities across multiple departments to achieve business objectives and revenue goals. This individual serves as the strategic leader and an advocate for the departments’ issues with upper management and external parties. The Head of Process Development will lead Downstream, Upstream, Virology/Analytical Development and Process Sciences groups.
Head of Process Development Responsibilities
- Develops procedure and quality standards within the organizations.
- Capable of independently conducting projects and able to recommend new areas of research to meet long-term business goal
- Ability to optimize all phases of the experimental design process and effectively leads the planning and execution of projects
- Expands the technical capabilities of the Process Development / Process Sciences Groups, such as technology development, use of the literature and systems development
- Displays the essential ability to work in team oriented environment, as this person will work closely with other members of Process Development / Process Sciences Groups and participate on multidisciplinary project teams
Head of Process Development Requirements
- PhD. degree preferably in Chemistry, Biology, Life Sciences, or related field, with at least 12 years’ GMP experience preferably in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry of which at least 5 years of management/supervisory experience OR;
- Master’s degree in Chemistry, Biology, Life Sciences, or related field with at least 16 years’ GMP experience preferably in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry of which at least 8 years of management/supervisory experience.
- Matrix management experience.
- Previous experience in a Contract Manufacturing Organization (CMO) environment.