Lucas Group has been engaged by a division of a global biotech company on their search for a Head of People and Culture. This role will be located in the Thousand Oaks area and will have a hybrid work schedule. We are looking for someone that has worked in with a company that acquired other companies and has helped the integration and change management or have been in a company that has been acquired. This is the top HR seat and will be involved with best practices from a lean manufacturing environment.
We are seeking a progressive HR Business Leader, a trusted strategic business partner to the Senior Leadership Team, providing strategic direction and expertise for the full scope of the Human Resources function. You will be responsible for building, planning, developing, implementing and directing policies and programs, including strategic planning, organizational design, employment, compensation and benefits, employee relations, equal employment opportunity, performance management, employment law, compliance and human resource information systems management. Responsible for driving and supporting a positive culture by sponsoring teams that focus on employee engagement programs, efforts and activities for the site. You will drive and facilitate cultural and organizational development initiatives that foster a positive and high-performance culture including employee engagement. Responsible to the COO for the effective and efficient utilization of manpower for the Company. You will partner with COO and the leadership team to deliver thought leadership regarding organizational and people-related strategies and execution as well as to provide insightful data to guide decision-making and proactive solutions.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Organizational Design and Recruitment
- Policy Development and Implementation
- Compensation and Benefits
- Company Culture
- Compliance and Employment Law
- Experience with M&A
- Experience in Pharmaceutical, Biotech or Technology
- Experience and success developing and working in a matrix environment
- Strong orientation for quality, compliance, business ethics an customer service
- High level of integrity and personal responsibility. Demonstrated respect for individuals.
- Strong collaboration and team building skills.
- Record of innovation.
- Strong communication skills.
- Prior Lean Six Sigma background and certification preferred
- Demonstrated experience building high performance teams.
- A strategic thinker, able to motivate, lead and develop subordinates and the site leadership.
Educational & Work Requirements:
- Degree: Masters Degree Preferred
- 10 Years + in HR with 8 years in Management
- Experience both in larger, matrix organizations and Start-ups
Title: Head of People and Culture
Location: Thousand Oaks
Client Industry: XXX
Lucas Group ID: