We are seeking a Head of Legal & Compliance for a vibrant and quickly growing start-up company in the consumer financial data industry. Candidates should have 3-5 years of progressive legal experience, preferably within the card networks/payment space. Heavy data privacy experience is required. This will be the first and sole in-house attorney for the company, so we are looking for hands-on, roll up your sleeves types of lawyers.
This is a new role where you will have full ownership to build and lead the Legal and Compliance functions. We work closely with the Card Networks and Financial Institutions, and this role will have a strong focus on Data Privacy. You will also support FCA applications in line with our Product Roadmap.
What you’ll be doing:
You will own the legal function at the company, specifically related to all Data Privacy issues related to card issuers and clients.
- Build and manage the Policy Library focused on Data Privacy (Anti-bribery and Corruption, Anti-Money Laundering, PCI Compliance and GDPR are nice to have);
- You will be the ‘go to’ person between card networks and clients for all legal related issues: creating data templates, reviewing relevant contracts etc;
- Standardize the process by creating checklists for reviewing and submitting clients’ data privacy policies, user flows, opt-in and opt-out solutions to the Card Networks for approval;
- Monitor the performance and quality of Card Network submissions by tracking queries raised, % acceptance, Days to Activated and other KPIs;
- Support Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) with the Card Networks to identify opportunities and challenges in the onboarding process;
- Present business case to the Card Networks, including appropriate data controls, for new use cases.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.