Title: Head of Human Resources
Location: Redwood City, CA
Reports to: SVP of Strategy and Operations
Lucas Group ID: 1573100
Lucas Group has partnered with a leading bio technology company on their search for a Head of HR located in Redwood City. This individual will serve as a top HR expert and be responsible for providing HR leadership, guidance and advice on a variety of services, policies and programs for the entire company. The ideal candidate will have experience building an HR department and function from scratch, from the ground up. They will thrive in a fast paced, changing environment and have experience in the life sciences, biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry. Major areas of interest include but are not limited to the following:
- Building an HR function from the ground up
- Performance management and improvement systems
- Employment and compliance to regulatory concerns
- Organizational and space planning
- Employee orientation, development and training
- Employee relations
- Compensation and benefits administration
- Employee safety, welfare, health and wellness
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 10+ years HR experience
- Biotech or Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred
- Strong leadership and listening skills
Since our founding nearly 50 years ago, Lucas Group has led and continuously transformed the executive recruiting industry by delivering transcendent executive talent to our corporate clients while helping individuals fully realize their career ambitions. Our collaborative culture attracts and rewards the industry’s top recruiters and, coupled with industry-leading methodologies, drives superior results.
We have unparalleled reach across major U.S. cities, job functions and industries, with divisions specializing in Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Military Transition, Sales & Marketing, Supply Chain & Operations, as well as Contract Engineering.
From a one-man operation in 1970 in Atlanta, Lucas Group has grown to nearly 450 employees and our success is built on unmatched customer service and bottom line results.
Our objective: To be a trusted consultant for all of your professional recruiting and placement needs.