Our client is searching for a dynamic Head of Facilities who will foster relationships inside and out of their department to ensure the most suitable, safe and healthy working environment for employees at our client's company. The ideal candidate will have experience managing multiple facilities throughout the United States of America to ensure operational excellence. This will entail planning and organizing routine repairs and facility maintenance, working collaboratively with other departments, expansion and/or improvement projects, and supervision of facilities personnel and sub-contractors in the most efficient and cost effective way.
- Establish effective communication as the first point of contact for management, employees, vendors and contractors, and governmental agencies pertaining to all facilities matters
- Establish, develop and maintain close collaboration and teamwork with other managers and departments
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and municipal (building) codes and applicable regulations
- Ensure the safety of employees and visitors in the building from a facilities perspective
- Ensure the security of the client's buildings, content and property
- Identify, define and proactively assess facility requirements based on anticipated business needs.
- Specify performance standards for facilities vendors and contractors
- Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent facilities issues as they arise and dealing with the consequences
- Manage the facilities expenses and projects within established budgets and seek to optimize costs where possible
- Review performance of the department and condition of facilities on an ongoing basis and implement improvements where possible.
- Keep and maintain facilities records, including but not limited to drawings, permits, manuals, warranty certificates, etc. organized, accessible and up-to-date as hardcopy and/or electronically.
Qualifications / Skills Required:
- Four year degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) is required
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience and responsibility in a facility management position and managing the facilities maintenance staff
- Experience with reviewing proposals, contracts, managing costs and the budget of the facilities department
- Experience with planning, scheduling and managing facilities improvement projects
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, carpentry and HVAC system and applications
- Knowledge of building safety codes, OSHA regulations
- Ability to interpret complex drawings and equipment schematics
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Valid State Driver's License
Title: Head of Facilities
Location: Houston, TX
Lucas Group ID: 1577170