Lucas Group has partnered with our Technology client in Greater Houston, TX on their search for a Senior Hardware Engineer. Work for the most recognized and trusted brand of flow computers for oil and gas measurement focusing on Hardware Design with a heavy concentration in electrical/electronic development. Key contributor in developing new Product Suite. Mostly on-site with some remote flexibility.
What You Will Do:
- Build and maintain custom computer components and products for company product portfolio
- Understand and work to industry design standards, guidelines, and strategies
- Prototype, design and present components and products that enhance and guide user behavior
- Work with product manufacturing and / or shift to support function, as needed
- Ensure new and existing products meet or exceed regulatory compliance (UL, CSA, OIML, IEC, etc.) and related screening (EMC, ESD, etc.)
- Research best practices in and around industry focused applications to build features that meet the product vision and address customer needs
- Understand, improve, tailor, and support a reliable, effective, hardware design team via engineering process practices and methodologies
- Document project activities and tasks, research and analysis outcomes, and test results.
- Work and communicate with stakeholders, engineers, cross-functional teams, and end users
- Responsible for full hardware product lifecycle from concept through end-of-life
- Familiarity with low power electronics such as digital and analog input and outputs, transducers, 4-20mA current loop devices A/D, D/A, V/F and F/V converters, switching power supplies, DC/DC converters.
- Design and sustaining experience; including, schematic capture, PCB layout, and library maintenance using design tools such as Cadence/OrCAD and GerbTool.
- Design, implement, test, and maintain hardware with digital design architectures using 32- & 64-bit embedded microprocessors, FPGA’s, CPLD’s, power components, and more.
- Experience with FPGA and CPLD development and test-benches using VHDL and Verilog.
- Design and sustaining experience with communications like RS-232, Ethernet, TCP/IP and Modbus protocols
- Knowledge of computer components including memory devices (NOR/NAND Flash, FRAM, SRAM, SDRAM, and EEPROM), LCD Displays, Membrane keypads and touchscreen interfaces
- Work in cross team environment as SME for activities, such as, planning, forecasting, purchase of production hardware, BOM development, regulatory compliance, and QA / ISO support
Educational & Work Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Engineering; Electrical Engineering or similar program
- As a hardware design engineer: 5 years (Required)
About Lucas Group
Lucas Group is North America’s premier executive recruiting solutions firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist clients ranging in size from small to medium-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies by providing staffing solutions on a contract, contract-to-hire, and direct-hire basis. To learn more, please visit Lucas Group at www.lucasgroup.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
Title: Hardware Engineer
Location: Sugarland, TX
Client Industry: Information Technology
Client Job ID: 1591131