The general manager directs and coordinates activities of one or more departments, such as engineering, operations or maintenance, by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate managers.
Coordinate Quality activities and Operations to meet objectives for safety, quality, food safety, integrity, regulatory compliances, cost, and customer satisfaction.
Participate in formulating and administering division’s short and long range goals and objectives for business growth
- Responsible for working in a safe manner, supporting and adhering to all Safety policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Responsible for working in a manner, adhering to all policies and procedures that support Food Safety, Quality, and Regulatory requirements
- Oversee daily operations for the business unit or organization
- Coordinate the development of key performance goals for functions and direct reports
- Provide direct management of key functional managers and executives in the business unit
- Ensure integration of safety, food safety and quality into every facet of all activities
- Ensure the development of tactical programs to pursue targeted goals and objectives
- Communicate strategy and results to the unit's employees
- Maintain and promote safe practices and procedures
- Oversee manufacturing and materials departments to review production and operating reports and resolve operational, manufacturing and facility problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays and to meet future growth
- Review analyses of activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine department or division progress toward stated goals and objectives
- Develop, review, update and implement business strategic planning, including financial performance
- Oversee key projects, processes, and performance reports, data, and analysis.
- Review operations and plans to meet requirements for sales planning and to ascertain manufacturing or outsourcing requirements to develop new markets
- Review and approve preparation of accounting analysis for budgetary planning and implementation, production efficiency, financial reporting, budgetary planning, and submittal for capital expenditures.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master's degree highly preferred
- Ten years of Experience in the Manufacturing Industry; Food production highly preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Financial Responsibility - budgeting acumen
- Great communication and analytical skills
- Database, Excel and similar software
- HACCP, GMP
- FDA Better Process Control
- Budgetary and costs planning processes
- Excellent listener
- Strategic Thinking
- Outstanding Follow up on actions and commitments
Skill and ability to:
- Serve as a team member, facilitator and/or leader as the team role warrants
- Manage and motivate employees in a team-based environment
- Maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information
- Time Management