DEPUTY GENERAL MANAGER – NORTH AMERICA SALES
Seeking a self-driven sales leader focused on developing our North America sales while leading and coaching the sales team within the region. The ideal candidate is able to develop and support a strong dealer distribution network while growing the capabilities of the North America sales team. The Deputy GM of North America sales is responsible for analyzing the market opportunities for customers while developing and implementing strong plans to grow revenues and market share. The Deputy General Manager will be viewed as the leader for the North American region with complete accountability for its growth and success.
The Deputy GM will maintain a high level of communication and cooperation with the dealer principals and top management at the end-user level including corporate and operations personnel. You will be recognized as the expert in the application of the products with a clear understanding of customer needs, market dynamics, and competitive activities.
Must become familiar with Safety and Environmental Policies
- Directly manages & leads the North America sales personnel aimed at supporting & growing the team’s capabilities including performance reviews, promotions, and territory assignments
- Plans & conducts sales meetings to educate, train, and motivate the North America Regional Sales Managers
- Manage the dealer relations within the North America distribution network to educate and motivate dealers to sell products successfully
- Establishes and executes all sales programs and specific objectives for each territory within North America
- Maintains and grows the sales volume and market share for the North America region. Accountable for meeting or exceeding the business plan while maintaining profit margins.
- Accountable for developing, completing, and following-up with dealer & joint working plans
- Travels in the field with North America’s Regional Sales Managers, calling on present & prospective customers as needed
- Coordinates and attends sales conventions and trade shows as needed
- Makes recommendations for new products or modifications to existing products
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Experience in the mining and construction industries highly preferred
- Strong ability for value-added selling and consultative selling
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills are essential
- Minimum of 10 years sales experience
- 5 years sales management experience highly preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentations
- Microsoft Office proficient
- Ability to travel 50-60% of the time
What We Offer
The office is a diverse, collaborative, and open work environment where you’ll work closely with key members of the sales, marketing, & engineering team. You’ll enjoy the opportunity to maximize your career with growth opportunities as an integral leader within the company.