Lucas Group has partnered with our client in on their search for a Global Logistics Manager. This will be is a highly visible position for ensuring the uninterrupted and timely flow of both internal and external customers product in order maintain and improve on time delivery to the customer base. The Global Logistics Manager works closely with regional Global Logistics Personnel as well as Planning, Purchasing, Shipping, & Receiving to develop and implement standard processes, procedures, and methods to increase productivity while ensuring smooth product flow within the Supply Chain. The scope of this position encompasses supporting, directing, and managing the day-to-day transportation activities within the Supply Chain; included but not limited to: ocean container traffic, LTL carrier transactions, and parcel shipments.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Review and take action daily on critical need items for assigned responsibilities
- Meet defined performance goals for cost savings, minimal delays to operations, and strict compliance with laws and procedures.
- Establish, track, and coordinate critical inbound and outbound shipments
- Ensure compliance with any and all regulations regarding the transport of material
- Manage carrier service quality metrics and related corrective actions
- Review freight reports to ensure accuracy, identify cost savings opportunities, and maximize delivery performance
- Ensure consistent shipping and transportation process is documented and implemented across all divisions
- Stay current with all industry trends, costs, and best practices to ensure that Logistics is following a “Best in Class” model
- Provide training and materials, implementing best practices, facilitating change, and assuming ownership of the business process across the transportation and logistics function
- Develop and manage freight forwarder and customs agents globally
- Partner with key logistics providers to drive cost reduction, time reduction, quality of product and documentation
- Develop adequate team of skilled and trained people globally to manage international shipments in their regions
- Continuously improve cost of global freight and document savings year to year
- Recommend and develop strategies relating to Global Logistics
- Maintain and improve service levels of their chosen service providers
- Coordinate the freight supply with key material suppliers and assist the Global Purchasing Manager in developing the terms and conditions for freight management, capacity, timelines, and cost reduction
- Global International experience
- Experience leading contract negotiations
- Experience putting global logstics strategies in place
- Basic Microsoft software knowledge of EXCEL, WORD, OUTLOOK, & general computer experience
- Results-driven; can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; very bottom-line oriented, faces difficult situations with guts and tenacity, steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- An independent self-starter with excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelors degree
Title: Global Logistics Manager
Location: Houston, TX
Client Industry: Manufacturing