We are seeking a Global Category Manager, Indirect Procurement, who will develop and execute global buying strategies for multiple key site materials, including, packaging materials, MRO type materials and other items that are critical to running productive plants efficiently across the globe. This includes using state-of-the-art purchasing tools to drive lowest costs for the corporation and negotiating critical regional and/or global agreements including prices and terms. In addition, the position will develop "global" processes (global processes with local negotiations / execution), identify new suppliers, align the category strategies throughout the organization, perform bid events, negotiate contracts and enable/support implementation of contracts.
- Accountable for managing an annual direct material spend of $75+ MM
- Achieve Y-o-Y cost savings, enable product substitution working closely with technology, manage supplier relationships & business plans, help manage working capital (AP, inventory, et.al.)
- Align and influence regional/plant procurement teams to meet collective goals and objectives
- Develop global procurement and procurement strategies and contracts to execute a step change in terms of buy over the next 24-36 months
- Negotiate prices and terms
- Execute agreements as the Buyer of Record
- Lead cross-functional efforts to qualify alternate or second source suppliers
- Implement cost-effective and compliant delivery routes for all purchases
- Monitor and resolve major disconnects in the buy, release, receive, and pay process
- Maintain effective relationships with suppliers and internal clients
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, supply chain, operations, or a related field. A Master's degree is a benefit.
- Five or more years' indirect procurement experience, including plant materials and services and products such as tooling, MRO, packaging, etc. would be very beneficial
- Experience working with and managing a large category spend with strategic implications
- Experience managing supplier and customer relationships and the competitive bidding process
- Proven record of driving cost savings working in a global matrixed organization, is a plus
- Experience with progressive procurement tools, such as cost structures, supplier business plans, electronic auctions, cost savings agreements, etc.
- Experience leading diverse, multi-functional teams
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong system skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint; Understanding MRP/ERP Systems, such as, Radius, SAP, et.al. a big PLUS
- Strong problem-solving capability
- Superior communication skills
- Service-oriented mindset, with a desire to ensure client satisfaction
- Desire and aptitude to develop and advance in the professional procurement function
This position provides strong growth and developmental opportunities, the chance to be part of a dynamic procurement team within a fast-growing global company, with competitive pay and benefits.