The Director of FP&A will support the CFO directly with special projects and advanced financial and business analysis in a dynamic and ever-changing business environment. This position needs to be able to take general direction and guidance as it relates to discrete projects, strategic initiatives, and business challenges and provide insightful analysis and solutions. This is an autonomous, hands-on financial and accounting role that is expected to serve as a strategic business partner to the organization’s leadership and business functions. Specific projects may include acquisition & large deal support, evaluations of new business opportunities, financial process improvement, and accounting or business research. A successful candidate can play an instrumental role in strengthening the company’s growth profile and adaptability by taking on special projects at a moment’s notice and quickly focusing on identifying issues and solutions. This is a unique opportunity to get involved in a variety of projects and initiatives that involve interaction with the leaders and subject matter experts across multiple business units and functional areas.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Monthly operational reporting and analysis in coordination with the Financial Accounting team.
- Support monthly accounting close to extent necessary.
- Support and/or oversee various aspects of service/product pricing and project approval processes.
- Quarterly and annual debt compliance reporting.
- Manage the annual planning and budgeting process.
- Acquisition and strategic initiative support, including valuation modeling, due diligence, integration, and contract review activities
- Business and financial process improvement and transformation initiatives.
- Support for systems implementation and integration activities
- Support for strategic data initiatives
- Evaluation of new business opportunities and establishment of new processes to support these activities
- Financial benchmarking and scorecard construction.
- Minimum of 6-8 years in a challenging audit, financial reporting, or business consulting role.
- Ability to manage and develop a small team
- Ability to get up to speed quickly on new concepts and opportunities
- Ability to evaluate business processes, control structures, and the effectiveness of the controls.
- Ability to apply a practical, business focused perspective while evaluating the efficiency and effectiveness of processes from an operational standpoint.
- Understanding of financial and business software applications
- Ability to interpret and apply complex accounting standards in a simplified manner.
- Ability to work independently and in team environments with leaders and subject matter experts across various business units and functional areas.
- Critical thinking, communication, and analytical skills
- Specific experience across multiple financial and business functional areas, including:
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Planning, Budgeting, & Modeling
- Financial and Business Analysis
- Process & Project Management
- Developing Policies, Procedures, and Standards
- Performance Management
- Technology skills
- Must be intrinsically motivated and self-directed
- Must be dedicated to helping to improve business processes and outcomes
- Must be able to simultaneously manage multiple tasks of varying complexity and priority
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to share complex, technical topics clearly, concisely, effectively and professionally
- Must have a desire to help the company grow, thrive and succeed
- Strong knowledge of the networking and telecommunications technology industry is highly desired. At a minimum, an ability to learn a new industry quickly is necessary.
Bachelors in Accounting/Finance or related
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and/or MBA
8+ years of experience in an audit or finance role in public accounting or private industry. Candidates must demonstrate exceptional analytical skills and business insights, a history of adding extraordinary value, and a history of creativity and collaboration in order to achieve results in a demanding environment.