We have an exciting opportunity for a Financial Reporting Supervisor with our large, international client in Northwest Houston.
The person in this role will supervise various activities related to the preparation and filing of financial statements to the corporate parent, regulators, and external constituents. This person will be a key contributor, supervises financial reporting activities of two staff, and may be involved in certain ad hoc reporting projects.
- Financial Statements: Assist with the preparation and documentation of financial statements and financial information used by executive management, Board of Directors, regulators, rating agencies, and the parent company. Analyze and report financial information for management. Exercise initiative to explain variances and key business trends.
- Financial Reporting: Research and document accounting rules and regulations and make recommendations regarding the Company’s accounting policies. Interact with Business Units and other corporate departments for analysis of results and to compile information for consolidated reporting. Compile and prepare reports, graphs, and charts of data developed.
- Supervisory work: Supervise two staff and lead in the preparation and documentation of activities related to reporting to executive management, Board of Directors, regulators, rating agencies, and the parent company. Review staff assignments. Develop work plans, establish timelines, and set goals for assigned work unit. Assign resources as needed.
- Other duties: Interact with external and internal auditors as needed. Prepare special/ad hoc requests for financial and business related analyses and research. Contribute to the review and analysis of the annual budget and interim forecasts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, a related field, or the equivalent education.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation preferred or parts passed required.
- Minimum of six years of relevant and progressive experience.
- Minimum of three years of financial reporting experience either in public accounting or industry.
- Two years of leadership experience is preferred.
- Financial services industry experience a plus.
- Ability to build relationships on an enterprise level is essential.
- Must be effective and efficient with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as strong decision-making aptitude
- Must be an exceptional communicator across the organization while working with people in multiple locations.
- Advanced proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office:Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Word.