We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Financial Reporting Accountant in our international client's US HQ located in Northwest Houston.
This person serves as a key individual contributor responsible for the preparation and documentation of financial statements and related financial information for use by Executive Management, Board of Directors, regulators, rating agencies, and the parent company.
- Lead in the preparation and documentation of financial reporting to the parent company.
- Compile and analyze financial information for management. Eexplain variances, unusual items, and key business trends.
- Research accounting rules and regulations and make recommendations regarding accounting policies.
- Interact with subsidiaries and other corporate departments to compile information for consolidated reporting.
- Interact with external and internal auditors.
- Prepare special financial and business related analyses and research.
- Contribute to the review and analysis of the annual budget and interim forecasts.
- Compile and prepare reports, graphs, and charts using data developed.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or the equivalent; Master’s degree in Business Administration a plus
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation or CPA parts strongly preferred
- Minimum of five years of relevant and progressive accounting experience
- Minimum of three years of financial reporting experience in public accounting and/or industry
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) a plus
- Financial services industry experience a plus