Our client has an immediate opening for an experienced Financial Reporting & Planning Manager. This is a highly visible role responsible for leading a team of financial and accounting professionals, continuously driving greater efficiency, business plans and cost controls enabllower operating costs and profitable growth. You will collaborate with stakeholders at all organizational levels (Operating personnel to Board of Directors) to ensure accuracy actual results, forecast and budget. This position will be based in the Bryan/College Station area.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Develop timely and accurate quarterly and annual operating plans and reports and consolidated financial statements for the parent company and subsidiary operating companies under US GAAP, proforma reporting, bank covenant and management reporting formats for reporting to operating management, executive management, Board of Directors and debt holders.
- Implement processes and procedures to support a weekly flash, five day close and a ten day re-forecast.
- Implement activity-based planning and budgeting to support weekly or bi-month flashes of operating results to steer proactive management
s revenue and expense plans, daily and weekly flashes of KPI’s, forecasts, and conduct s regular volume and cost analysis to drive and facilitate an organizational understanding of operating costs and revenue forecasts
- Assist with the monthly closing process including the loading and reconciling of remote operating unit trial balances and performing FLUX analysis to ensure reporting accuracy and deliver of timely trial balances.
- Support Quarterly bank covenant reporting
- Compile financial statements for joint venture and minority interest entities.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of accounting and reporting policies and proceduresimplementation of new SEC or FASB accounting pronouncements.
- Develop and maintain SOX compliant internal controls over financial reporting and consolidations.
- Support tax to book reconciliation to support tax provisioning and maintenance of permanent and revering adjustments for US IRS and foreign statutory reporting.
Future responsibilities and duties may include the following:
- Coordinate with other departments to obtain supporting information for 10-Q and 10-K disclosures.
- Provide support for quarterly press releases.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS
- 8+ years public company financial reporting experience required. Three (“3”) or more years of Big 4 public accounting experience preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant, Certified Management Accountant, CFP certification or equivalent preferred.
- Experience within an SEC and SOX reporting environment as a company accountant or auditor preferred.
- Ability to communicate complex variance and actual reporting results clearly and simply to all levels within the organization.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to meet tight deadlines with incomplete data and in situations that require professional judgment.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP with a familiarity of IFRS reporting standards.
- Proficient in planning and budgeting systems Oracle Advanced Planning and Budgeting, Oracle Financial Consolidations and Close, ONESTREAM, , KCI CONTROL, or similar corporate consolidations and planning systems preferred.
- Understanding and knowledge of financial reporting and dashboard reporting processes to facilitate clear, concise and complete communication of planned and actual results
- Knowledge and understanding of operational accounting, planning and budgeting and proactive reporting (revenue, volumes, cost, price and mix analysis etc.)
- Advanced Excel skills with advanced knowledge of functions, pivot tables, visual presentations etc.
- Exposure to ACCESS, Monarch, C++, SQL and other data and information management tools.