Our client, an oil & gas services company located in North Houston, seeks a Financial Reporting Manager. This is an opportunity to join a growing and sustainable company thriving in the energy industry with plenty of room for growth. Recognized as one of the most ethical companies in the world, this company provides meaningful challenges and values diversity and healthy environments while offering competitive base rates and benefits.
This managerial position will have two direct reports and will be responsible for overseeing the company’s public financial reporting processes. The Financial Reporting Manager reports to the Assistant Controller and will work directly with the company’s external auditors, technical accounting, investor relations, and the North America and Global Accounting teams.
- Ensure compliance to accounting policies and internal controls over financial reporting
- Manage SEC reporting including preparation of MD&A and review of financial statements, footnotes, XBRL, for the quarterly 10-Q and annual report. Coordinate filing of all company SEC documents
- Lead close meetings to review domestic and international financial results against forecast and budgets
- Prepare and review monthly, quarterly and annual internal financial reporting and analysis packages for executive management, audit committee and board of directors
- Support quarterly earnings release and Audit Committee meeting process
- Training, developing, and performing reviews for supervisor of global consolidation, supervisor/senior accountant of public financial reporting and financial reporting analyst
- Complete special projects as assigned including implementation of accounting standard changes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; CPA or Master’s of Accountancy strongly preferred
- Extensive SEC, SOX and GAAP knowledge
- Previous supervisory experience
- Public Accounting experience preferred (3-4 years) – Particularly supporting SEC clients, or in an industry role that requires current knowledge of consolidation and public reporting requirements