Our client, a thriving oil & gas company, seeks a Financial Reporting & Consolidations Manager. This is a newly created role that will be responsible for the oversight and review of the company's public financial reporting and global close and consolidation processes. This includes reporting financial results accurately and timely to the financial community and corporate financial management.
Financial Reporting & Consolidations Manager responsibilities include:
· Lead the global close and consolidation and external/internal financing reporting processes as well as ensure compliance to accounting policies and internal controls over financial reporting.
· Responsible for keeping all levels of management informed of the status of close, consolidation and financial reporting activities throughout the month and ensuring timely and accurate reporting.
· Ensure proper elimination of inter-company transactions throughout the company.
· Lead close meetings to review domestic and international financial results against forecast and budgets.
· Prepare and review monthly, quarterly and annual internal financial reporting and analysis packages for executive management, audit committee and board of directors.
· Manage SEC reporting including preparation of MD&A and review of financial statements, footnotes, XBRL, for the quarterly 10-Q and annual report. Coordinate filing of company SEC documents.
· Support quarterly earnings release and Audit Committee meeting process
· Responsible for training, developing, and performing reviews for supervisor/ manager of global consolidation, supervisor/ senior accountant of public financial reporting and senior accountant.
· Completing special projects as assigned including implementation of accounting standard changes.
· The position will work directly with the company’s external auditors, technical accounting, investor relations, and the Accounting teams.
Financial Reporting & Consolidations Manager qualifications include:
· Bachelor's Degree in Accounting; CPA or Master’s in Accountancy preferred
· 8 years of public or industry accounting experience; industry experience will necessitate current knowledge of consolidation and public reporting requirements.
· Extensive SEC Reporting required
· Previous supervisory experience.