Financial Reporting Accountant
The Financial Reporting Accountant role will report directly to the Financial Reporting Manager. This is a hands-on, challenging and detail-oriented role, working closely with the Controller, Accounting Managers, external auditors, and external department personnel at all levels. The Financial Reporting Accountant will have ownership of multiple complex accounting areas under the tutelage of an experienced accounting team.
Why Take the Job:
- The Company, although grown to one of the largest independent producers in the nation, still operates under the small company, family type atmosphere.
- There will be many opportunities for cross training across accounting functions and interactions/projects with operations as the company continues to grow both organically and through acquisition.
- Prepares and records journal entries on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Reconcile and perform in-depth analysis of various accounts including variance explanations and roll forwards on a monthly basis
- Calculate and record monthly amortization entries for prepaid activity
- Assist in general and analytical review of financial statements and monthly management packet on a monthly basis
- Work with external auditors in support of annual audit
Experience and abilities required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- Intermediate-Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills
- Proactive team player mentality
Experience and abilities preferred:
- CPA or partially completed
- 1-2 years of public accounting audit experience