Financial Analyst Job – Job #1569475
Our South side client is growing and profitable and needs your three plus years of financial analysis and data mining to make them even more profitable. Excellent exposure to the entire executive team: CEO, CFO, and President.
- Report on monthly KPIs and provide detailed explanation of monthly variances and trends
- Assist FP&A Manager in preparation of management reporting packages and presentations
- Develop and maintain CAPEX budget, keep track of transactions and ensure that they get posted to the correct GL/project
- Perform detailed earnings analysis and explain variances to budget and prior periods
- Develop detailed economic models to assess profitability of new and existing revenue streams
- Analyze investment opportunities based on projected FCF, NPV and IRR; provide recommendation to the business development team
- Have a solid financial acumen to calculate WACC and to apply appropriate DCF method to value the projects
- Obtain index pricing from market publications, calculate RM cost based on contractual agreement(s) and communicate it to the S&M team
- Collaborate to develop a detailed understanding of product profitability across all companies.
- Analyze financial and operational information and provide insight to issues and trends as well as identify opportunities for profit improvement.
- Utilize existing ERP systems and analysis tools to generate financial and operational information. Develop custom queries.
- Act as a liaison between various departments to ensure the projects move forward seamlessly
- Assist with end of month closing and reconciliation
Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting (MBA preferred)
- Minimum of three years of relevant experience
Skills and Competencies:
- Detail oriented with excellent organization skills.
- Strong data mining abilities, with the ability to navigate SQL and Access databases a big plus.
- Ability to work independently, identifying and addressing business requirements.
- Proficient in working with Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Have a thorough understanding of financial statements.
- A keen understanding of cash flow reporting and analysis.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills are required.
- Ability to quickly understand and prioritize responsibilities and be able to independently move these initiatives forward.
- Capacity for independent thought and personality to communicate effectively with Senior Management and operations.
- Excellent analytical and modeling skills at both a macro and detailed level.
- Ability and willingness to do detailed financial analysis to include data mining.
Permanent job in Los Angeles
Permanent job in Cincinnati