* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience
About This Role
We are seeking a hands-on, strongly team-oriented, player–coach Field Services Supervisor to join our growing Field Operations team. In this role you will be a critical part of the organization, becoming the manager of critical produce processing equipment, operations, and personnel. Your team will consist of 15+ Technical Field Specialists at one or more customer’s packing house facilities. The Field Operations Supervisor is accountable for providing leadership, guidance and addressing current and future potential barriers to ensure success. You will ensure operations are fast and efficient, while creating an environment that puts people, safety and quality first.
This opportunity is based in Yakima, Washington. This position will have up to a 40-60% travel requirement. Your schedule may vary to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
What You’ll Do
Site Ownership and Customer Relations
- Supervise 15+ Technical Field Specialists responsible for treating produce and measuring company product performance, and act as a Technical Field Specialist when needed.
- Assist with equipment integrations and start-up at customer facilities.
- Foster a positive and mutually beneficial relationship with the customer and Technical Field Specialists to ensure that the site(s) is ready to treat produce when needed.
- Assume equipment ownership role in ensuring that all equipment is running properly and is being operated correctly, including troubleshooting and pulling in others as needed.
- Ensure equipment is maintained and cleaned per operating and maintenance procedures.
- Lead continuous improvement projects to drive an increase in revenue with customers and Customer Success Managers, Technical Field Specialists and Engineers.
- Validate cycle counting; verifying accuracy of inventory and correcting issues.
Environmental, Health & Safety
- Model and train others on behaviors that demonstrate a high regard for the safety and health of individuals, food safety as well as the environment, including identifying and correcting potential hazards.
- Ensure employees have tools and training to safely perform their job.
- Act as the lead in the event of an emergency and as the Site point of contact for audits.
- Investigate incidents and near misses to minimize recurrence.
- Lead and motivate staff to perform tasks safely, accurately, completely and on-time.
- Schedule work assignments to ensure timely completion of treatments.
- Works with employees to encourage professional development.
- Participates in interviewing, hiring, training, performance reviews, and disciplinary actions.
What You Bring
- BS degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Industrial Engineering or 5+ years experience in a technical field as an individual contributor, preferably related to produce, food & beverage, or manufacturing
- 2–5 years of experience in a leadership role managing teams of 10+ employees
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to work cross functionally with all departments
- Extremely detailed and process oriented with the ability to troubleshoot equipment
- Experience with LEAN, 5-Why’s, RCFA, Six Sigma
- Integrity, initiative, & energetic leader that enjoys fast-paced, startup environment
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities according to changing requirements
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite including Excel, Email, Calendar, etc.
- Ability to work indoors/outdoors in cold and/or hot environments and lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, graveyards, weekends and holidays
- Willing to travel (regional/national/international as needed) is required (up to 60%)
- Must possess valid driver license and access to reliable transportation