* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
Lucas Group has partnered with our client, a leading supplier of innovative cleaning, disinfection and sterilization products & solutions for hospitals and clinics worldwide, in Fontana CA on their search for a Field Service Technician.
The core values of the company reflect their corporate culture, united to make a difference to the safety and health of patients and medical staff. Upon hire, you will experience a complete onboarding program to become familiarized with the company culture and unique working environment which is based on shared values and a strong sense of purpose.
What You Will Do:
Responsible for the installation, service, and maintenance of products while providing excellent service to customers. This position is a remote, home-based position traveling within the respective city and around a 2-4 hour driving radius of the area.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose equipment malfunctions using test instruments
- Measure and adjust digital and analog instrumentation using calibration equipment
- Install, modify, and repair equipment; requires moving, setting and leveling of heavy machinery
- Provide technical support to customers and other field technicians
- As required, conduct product in-services
- Complete various reports such as Service Reports, timesheets, expense reports and parts lists in a timely, accurate and legible fashion
- Maintain an organized work vehicle with necessary tools, manuals and parts required to provide efficient repairs and installations
- Monitoring customer chemical orders and contract sales/renewals
- Requirements: EM, EN, MM or Biomedical Tech with any steam or water experience and a clean driving record.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with industrial electrical single and 3-phase wiring and controls
- Experience troubleshooting steam, water and/or pneumatic process control
- Experience with PLC systems
- Experience using diagnostic test equipment, volt-ohm meters, amp probes and precision temperature and pressure calibration equipment
- Ability to perform piping, soldering and brazing of copper, brass and stainless steel piping
- Ability to read and red-line P&ID and electrical schematics
- Moderate technical aptitude; general computer skills with the ability to communicate effectively via e-mail
- Ability to lift at least fifty pounds unassisted
- Ability to climb over and crawl under equipment
- Ability to travel extensively with little notice prior to travel
- Evidence of job stability
- Must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as business need dictates
Educational & Work Requirements:
Preferred: Associate’s degree or technical training in mechanical or electronic studies, particularly BMET
Preferred: Experience working in the medical field with washing and sterilization equipment
About Lucas Group
Lucas Group is North America’s premier executive recruiting solutions firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist clients ranging in size from small to medium-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies by providing staffing solutions on a contract, contract-to-hire, and direct-hire basis. To learn more, please visit Lucas Group at www.lucasgroup.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
Title: Field Service Technician
Location: Fontana CA
Client Industry: Manufacturing
Client Job ID: 1579347