* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
What You Will Do:
Primary function is to travel to customer sites to install and repair laser products. Additional responsibilities include training and providing technical support to customers.
Educational & Work Requirements:
- Travel: approximately 80% (primarily domestic, some international)
- ASEE, ASEO, Technical Schooling or equivalent experience desired
- 2-5 years experience preferred
- Electronics background with some understanding of optics.
- Ability to interpret electrical schematics, basic soldering skills and ESD awareness.
- Experience with optical and electrical test methods in support of active fiber devices such as fiber amplifiers and lasers.
- General knowledge of fiber optic components and test equipment, ability to strip, cleave, and splice optical fibers a plus.
Title: Field Service Technician
Location: Chicago, IL area
Client Job ID: 1586529