* This company is specifically seeking candidates with U.S. military experience *
What You Will Do:
Responsible for service, installation, troubleshooting (mechanical and electrical issues) and repair of automated pump stations, pump controls, piping, valves and related equipment, within assigned operating area. Will be expected to identify opportunities for both new equipment and service sales, and work with both Regional Field Service Manager and Inside Sales Manager (as required) to secure orders.
- Use a multimeter, process meter, megger, vibration meter, laser alignment tool and other instruments to diagnose issues.
- Instruct customers on proper equipment operations/maintenance procedures.
- Install pump stations, pumps and motors using cranes and other heavy equipment.
- Set up and maintain telemetry networks utilizing radios, cellular modems, DSL lines, etc.
- Perform pump station preventive maintenance, including:
- Lubricate motor bearings
- Change oil in turbine motors
- Re-pack pumps
- Inspect and rebuild hydraulic control valves
- Inspect and clean wye strainers and filter screens
- Inspect pump screens and wet well (using an underwater camera)
- Measurement of pump and motor performance
- Promote sales of company products and services to solve customer problems.
Education and Work Requirements:
- TRAVEL: up to 25%. Overnight stays during the week are necessary. All travel expenses covered (lodging, food, etc.)
- Some college preferred (w/preference in science or engineering background)
- Strong mechanical aptitude; ability to learn to read and interpret wiring schematics, mechanical drawings and technical literature.
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record required (no DUIs); must be willing to take and able to pass drug test.
Title: Field Service Technician
Location: Raleigh NC
Client Job ID: 1587223