* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience *
What You Will Do:
Provide technical support to distributors & customers; conduct preventative maintenance, system upgrades, and start-ups for switchgear product line. This position will require 50-70% domestic and international travel.
- Conduct wiring checks to verify control power distribution, component operation, & communication circuits using proper test equipment. (0-125VDC & 0-13.2kVAC)
- Possess advanced knowledge in the use and operation of control components (PLC, HMI, metering, protective relays, circuit breakers, etc.) for proper setup, troubleshooting, and program modification.
- Independently verify system operation, conduct operator training, and document site visits, including but not limited to start-ups/commissioning, system modifications, and preventative maintenance.
- Independently verify correct operation of all communication circuits including but not limited to Ethernet (TCP/IP), RS232/485, Modbus, Modbus+, fiber, BACnet, customer SCADA systems, etc.
- Possess a superior understanding of the functionality of all components within and connected to switchgear systems, including but not limited to generator/alternator, voltage regulators, generator controllers, automatic transfer switches, etc.
- Maintain documentation, customer signoffs, trip reports, drawings, sequence of operation, component serial numbers, system setpoints, software/firmware versions, etc.
- Understand governing codes related to industries where generator paralleling systems are installed (i.e. – NFPA110, etc.).
- Perform generator paralleling switchgear inspections.
Education and Work Requirements:
- Ability and wiliness to travel 50-70% domestically and internationally (approximately 15% international travel.)
- BS in Electronics, Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in testing of transfer switches, protective relays, generator paralleling switchgear and/or other electrical power distribution equipment is required.
- Proven advanced experience in the operation, troubleshooting and modification of PLC and HMI programming is required.
Title: Field Service Specialist
Location: Nationwide Locations
Client Job ID: 1583049