* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
Job Description & Skills:
Executes customer support activities involving the installation, modification and repair of complex nuclear measurement equipment and systems.
- Conduct on-site installation of complex nuclear measurement equipment and systems, focusing on the setup/configuration of hardware and software, using established testing procedures and training to ensure proper function of system(s). Provide familiarization to the customer on system hardware/software and its basic modes of operation.
- Troubleshoot and isolate equipment malfunctions and take corrective actions, analyzing hardware or software issues. Work closely with Technical Support and Engineering to locate and correct system faults.
- Complete Field Reports and logs to ensure work performed is properly documented and all problems in the field are reported and addressed.
- Provide professional representation of the company in all dealings with customer, creating a positive experience for the customer.
Education and Work Requirements:
- 70% regional travel
- Technical acumen: Preferably electronics, mechanic, or science/physics background.
- Database management experience using SQL Server, Crystal Reports and/or Access. Nuclear Physics and Radiation Principles knowledge and experience
- Understanding of Gamma Spectroscopy, Alpha/Beta Counting, and radiation detection principles a plus. Complex system troubleshooting to resolution at modular and/or component level.
Title: Field Service Engineer
Location: MidWest and NorthEast locations
Client Job ID: 1580529