* This company is specifically seeking candidates with U.S. military experience *
What You Will Do:
Provide a variety of high-level comprehensive engineering services to customers in the field. May be required to travel frequently and for extended periods. Will work on high-powered electronic equipment in an industrial environment, aboard ships and in commercial facilities. Required to perform emergency and scheduled maintenance; may be required to assist in the removal and installation of customer equipment and troubleshoot equipment down to component board level.
- Supervisory responsibilities include production workers, test technicians, or other Field Service Engineers on a field team (number of employees on a field team can vary.)
- Perform operational tests, gather data, analyze faults, troubleshoot problems and perform repairs/upgrades, tests, and alignments to all equipment (analog circuitry, digital circuitry and appropriate mechanical adjustments.)
- Provide technical guidance and training to customer personnel; perform and/or assist in the installation of customer equipment and on-site acceptance testing.
- Attend scheduled training courses on theory and operation of power equipment; improve current knowledge of state-of-the-art components and new products.
- Completes and submits trip reports, expense reports, and any other associated paperwork covering field activities.
- Assists with special reports, engineering changes, failure analysis and any other requirements for product improvement and quality.
- Responsible for following all proper safety requirements.
Education and Work Requirements:
- TRAVEL: Must be willing to travel worldwide on short notice.
- AA degree in electricity/electronics or an equivalent (such as military electronics technical schooling) plus 3-5 years experience and/or training - OR - equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have experience and/or training with digital and analog circuitry as it applies to power equipment. Previous equipment experience is desired.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics, specifications, blueprints and other engineering data; perform troubleshooting relying on empirical means as well as theoretical approach to problem solving.
- Must be able to obtain a DOD “Secret” clearance and a U.S. passport.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, good driving record, and be able to drive a service van or rental car.
Title: Field Service Engineer
Location: Anaheim CA
Client Job ID: 1586808