* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience *
What You Will Do:
Provide on-site support at various customer locations throughout the US Region. Will provide on-site support to customers, including installation, corrective maintenance, preventative maintenance, removals, and other support as needed.
- Onsite support for install and service of complex automation instrumentation with minimal direct supervision. Respond to emergency customer requests via dispatch by the Technical Service Center; complete all assigned tasks in accordance with current ISO (International Organization for Standardization) and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) standards.
- Provide clear, timely, and effective communications to customers about service expectations, estimated time of arrival, status of ongoing service activities, and service follow-up calls.
- Utilizing troubleshooting techniques (using schematics, diagrams, service manuals and other technical documentation) and analytical skills to diagnose hardware/software issue, determine corrective action, and complete system repair.
- Upgrade systems to enable compatible software on all computers.
- Play an active role in the maintenance and implementation of service documentation, while regularly providing feedback to assist with improving documentation efficiency.
- Complete all service documentation as required, or as requested by other business functions.
- Report and document all customer complaints in appropriate systems of record for resolution and investigation.
- Manage trunk stock inventory within limits established by Recommended Spare Parts Inventory list.
- Maintain all assigned calibrated test equipment and tools in good working condition and calibration dates.
- Maintain and utilize company vehicle as prescribed by fleet vehicle contractor requirements, including vehicle service maintenance, cleanliness, and organization at all times.
- Provide on-call support per published schedules, or on short-notice, as required in support of business needs.
- Adhering to current regulatory requirements to include HIPPA, OSHA and FDA.
- Must participate in vendor credentialing programs and complete all vendor credentialing requirements to gain and maintain access to customer facilities.
Education and Work Requirements:
- Travel: up to 50% of time outside of home geographic area, based upon business needs.
- Former US Military experience: Electronics Technician, NCO/Miltech. This is a polished, customer-facing position
- Bachelors of Science Degree in a technical field of study (Electrical/Electronics/Informatics/Mechatronics/Biomedical) - OR - 10+ years of relevant experience as an equivalent.
- Strong working knowledge of electronics, electro-mechanical devices (Mechatronics), PLCs, and pneumatics.
- Intermediate knowledge of information systems networking architecture design and set up.
Title: Field Service Engineer
Location: Sparks MD
Client Job ID: 1583469