* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
Remote Field Service Engineers provide a highly professional level of technical support to customers in conjunction with the installation and service of our waterjet cutting and surface preparation systems and ensure the successful performance of the company’s products and systems in the field. These positions work independently with little supervision.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and supervise customers in the execution of field installations of Flow equipment.
- Provide technical support to customers on the installation, operation, troubleshooting, part identification, and repair of Flow equipment at both the customer’s location and via telephone correspondence, fax, etc.
- Submit completed service records and contact reports weekly. Complete expense reports accurately and submit for re-reimbursement no later than Monday of every week. Complete timecards or call time in by Friday before the pay period ends. Check in with the home office twice daily. Complete all other administrative documentation in a timely manner.
- Develop curriculums and syllabuses and conduct operation, programming, application and maintenance training classes and seminars, both in-house and at customer sites, on Flow equipment.
- Conduct warranty evaluations and failure analysis, directing effective and accurate information to engineering and other relevant departments, of all problem trends.
- Assist in maintaining an up to date document library for Flow products, to include drawings, A-sheets, manuals, specifications, and other relevant technical documentation.
- Participate in the Materials Review Board, Engineering Change Orders and Product Design Team meetings as the technical service representative, providing input that will ensure our competitiveness in the market.
- Provide assistance to customer service by determining parts required by a customer.
- Establish and maintain a positive relationship with our distributors and customers while serving as a liaison between the customer and Flow.
- Travel to customer locations on short notice, often outside normal business hours and for extended periods of time.
- Be on call 24/7, except for vacations or pre-approved period, to provide emergency, after hour technical support to customers. On call status may include wearing, and responding in a timely manner, to a company-provided pager or providing phone numbers that allow timely contact and response.