Field Operations Manager
A field operations manager is generally responsible for handling one or more branches of the organization and makes sure that their work proceeds effectively. He/she generally reports to the branch manager, regional manager, or operations manager. He/she is responsible for leading and motivating the team members to achieve the operational goals and objectives. To get a better idea, here is a detailed description of the key responsibilities that need to be handled by a field operations manager in various fields:
Field Operations Manager:
- He/she ensures that a good work plan has been designed, and that the work is done as per the assigned instructions on that particular site.
- He/she makes sure that the work has been allocated appropriately before the actual work begins.
- He/she oversees the work of the crew members and makes sure that trained and certified gardeners are being recruited and tries to improve the quality of work of the crew members.
- Re-plans the work according to the budget and helps in developing project cost estimates.
- He/she serves as a liaison between the field personnel and other members from various departments like administration, management, customer service, etc.
- Handles multiple stores and is responsible for the overall supervision and administration so as to achieve the targeted sales.
- He/she is equally involved in scheduling, staffing, and resolving technical issues and acting as a single point of contact for any complex issues.
- He/she makes sure that the priorities are set in such a way that the sales and profit performance are achieved.
- He/she ensures that all the close out procedures have been followed and assists the team members in achieving their goals.
- Recognizes the security risks and the possible thefts and implements procedures to prevent these situations.
- Evaluates the performance of the members and recommends solutions to improve their productivity.
- Field Operations Manager in the Construction Field:
- He/she is responsible for planning, organizing and evaluating the construction project according to the assigned schedule and given specifications.
- He/she prepares these schedules and monitors the work progress against the alloted budget.
- Monitors the variances in material and labor in coordination with the supervisors so that maximum profits can be gained.
- conducts meetings regularly and implements various quality control programs to reach the required standards.
- He/she makes sure that all the cost and production targets are achieved by adhering to the health and safety regulations.
- A field operations manager should have demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills.
- He/she should possess strong interpersonal skills and have good relationship building skills.
- He/she should be a self starter and should be able to motivate others to improve their quality of work.
- He/she should be an excellent team player.
- He/she should be well organized and have excellent time management skills.
- He/she should have good stamina, as he/she needs to stand during the entire shift.