* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
Lucas Group has partnered with our client, a trusted cloud solutions integrator for Public Sector agencies and both Fortune 1000 and mid-market companies, on their search for a Federal Sales Manager in Indianapolis IN. The company is comprised of an elite team with a unique combination of credentials for strict security environments, specializing in Splunk, AppDynamics, Puppet and VMware. By nurturing an equitable, inclusive culture, they promote diversity, drive innovative thinking, and encourage colleagues to bring their varied perspectives to work.
What You Will Do:
Drive demand and sell latest Digital Platform to commercial mid-market and Fortune 1000 companies (end user Splunk customers) within an assigned territory. The successful candidate for this role will provide excellent coverage of multiple opportunities at various stages of the sales cycle simultaneously. Account Executives have uncapped commission and should thrive in a goal-driven, team environment.
- Researching and owning prospecting activities (inbound and outbound)
- Identify and engage qualified prospects through email and phone interactions tracked in Hubspot CRM
- Providing accurate sales forecasts, both routine and ad-hoc
- Grow a sales pipeline, develop and expand your territory, and close complex deals to achieve sales quota
- Accountability for driving sales growth to consistently exceed quarterly and annual quotas
- Measure and exceed pipeline growth goals by completing assigned selling activities
- Complete all assigned training related to target technical platforms and company’s selling methodologies and processes
- Understanding company's unique solution portfolio and value proposition for markets of opportunity
- Previous SaaS and subscription sales experience in a ‘Silicon-Valley speed’ environment is highly desired.
- Strong technical acumen that can be specifically applied to the Splunk, Puppet, and AppDynamics platforms
- Excellent phone skills with emphasis on a proven communication cadence
- Impeccable verbal and written business communication skills, including the confidence to conduct interactive software demonstrations and presentations to technical decision makers
- Demonstrated expertise delivering high-impact webinars and presentations
- Proficiency with MS applications required (Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams, PowerPoint)
- Ability to recognize sales opportunity through discovery efforts; capacity to manage multiple opportunities simultaneously at various stages of the buying process
- Composure to operate within a disciplined, process-driven sales team of achievers and leaders
- Strong sales aptitude and great attitude are a must – commitment to learning and living the company selling model and partner-centered approach
- Customer-centric approach to selling and expanding accounts
- Competitive drive to maximize personal earning potential
- Commitment to solving customer problems with innovation and a bias to action
Education & Work Requirements:
- 4+ years of sales experience successfully selling in a results-oriented, customer facing environment with an emphasis on targeted relationship development
- 2+ years of experience selling SaaS, or a software platform and/or online digital services, is strongly encouraged
About Lucas Group
Lucas Group is North America’s premier executive recruiting solutions firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist clients ranging in size from small to medium-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies by providing staffing solutions on a contract, contract-to-hire, and direct-hire basis. To learn more, please visit Lucas Group at www.lucasgroup.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
Title: Federal Sales Manager
Location: Indianapolis IN
Client Industry: Information Technology / Managed Services / Cloud / Security / Networking
Client Job ID: 1579033