Lucas Group has partnered with a food manufacturing client in the greater Auburn AL area seeking to hire a full-time Facility Engineer. Company has desire to hire someone who is dedicated to quality food engineering and ability to work in a fast paced production environment with senior leadership and engineering professionals.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Manages facility maintenance department operations to ensure regulatory compliance
- Ensures all process and packaging equipment are properly designed and maintained to meet capacity and efficiency requirements.
- Directs capital and expense project activities, including engineering design, quotations, scheduling, project management, installing, and start-up, to maximize facility productivity and efficiency.
- Adheres to food safety, safety, quality and legal compliance. In the event of a crisis (i.e. product recall, fire, etc.) delegate responsibilities as outlined in the Crisis Communications and Management Guide.
- Provides design assistance (design, engineering, calculations) to enhance capital and expense projects, food processing, safety, and efficient operations.
- Ensures all capital project expenses adhere to plan.
- All other duties and projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, industrial or electrical engineering from an accredited college or university
- Must have at least three (3) years of food related experience preferably within the poultry, beef or related industry.
- Knowledge of protein grinding, blending, forming, freezing and packing highly desired supporting Allen Bradley and Siemens PLC logic
- Experience with robotic automation programming and support
- Read and process written information with a high degree of accuracy
- Interpret engineering systems anomalies or irregularities and identify appropriate solutions
Title: Facility Engineer
Location: Auburn, AL suburb
Client Industry: Food Manufacturing
Client Job ID: 1579542
Relocation Assistance Available for non-local residents.