The Exports & Government Contracts Manager will 1) be responsible for the Company’s compliance with U.S. exports laws and regulations; 2) provide support and guidance to Company regarding its contractual rights and obligations under customer contracts where the U.S. Government is the direct or ultimate customer; and 3) provide general contract management support for the Contracts Department as needed.
This position requires close collaboration with members of the Company’s senior management as well as Company’s various corporate-level, divisional, and departments including Sales, Customer Service, Contracts, Purchasing, Quality, Operations and Program Management teams.
Exports & ITAR Compliance - The Exports & Government Contracts Manager will:
- Manage Company’s compliance with all applicable U.S. export laws, government contracting regulations and national security requirements.
- Oversee release of Company’s international shipments and transfers of products and information to foreign destinations in compliance with applicable U.S. exports laws and regulations;
- Conduct Company’s Denied/Restricted Parties screenings for customers, sales representatives/agents, etc.; analyze and approve End User Statements and other export due diligence and documentation requirements for Company’s international shipments;
- Prepare and submit license applications, international permits, technical assistance agreements and other request for licenses and approvals to the appropriate government agencies; administer export licensing program and ensure compliance with conditions and reporting requirements.
- Conduct licensing reviews for technology transfers, including marketing materials, proposals and engineering data; develop and maintain technology transfer programs in accordance with regulatory and license requirements.
- Oversee export classification of products and technology and maintenance of the classification for products;
- Manage Company’s compliance with ITAR standards and U.S. State Department regulations for ITAR controlled facilities;
- Develop effective policies and procedures for Company’s exports and ITAR compliance and train Company employees involved in importing and exporting hardware and/or technology on such policies and procedures.
- Act as export compliance liaison to sales representatives, distributors, customers and other third parties, as required.
- Investigate and report to the Director of Contracts & Legal Affairs any incidences of purported non-compliance with export laws and regulations; conduct periodic audits of Company’s exports and compliance processes and procedures and implement corrective action, as required.
- Manage company’s accounts on various government websites such as the System for Award Management (SAM), the Defense Export Control and Compliance System (DECCS), the Simplified Network Application Process – Redesign (SNAP-R), etc.
- Oversee Company’s efforts to attain and maintain a Department of Defense facility clearance.
Government Contracting - The Exports & Government Contracts Manager will:
- Handle review, negotiations, communications and management of government contracts and subcontracts including those incorporating U.S. government acquisition regulations such as FARs and DFARs.
- Develop processes and procedures for Company’s compliance with U.S. government acquisition regulations in customer contracts including working with Company’s various departments to oversee Company’s flow downs of regulations to suppliers, Company’s responses to government surveys and questionnaires and satisfying Company’s reporting obligations to customers and/or government agencies.
- Assist Sales and Customer Service members in preparing proposals and negotiations relating to government contracts by discussing contractual issues and requirements and recommending negotiation strategies and solutions that benefit the Company.
- Ensure Company and customer comply with existing and future government contract obligations and provide feedback, risk assessment, advice and/or mitigation strategies to Company representatives regarding Company’s contractual obligations.
- Collaborate with members of other departments and participate/conduct meetings relating to government contracts such as disputes with customer, claims asserted by customers and Company against each other, reporting requirements, etc.
- Generate reports or analyses of existing government agreements as requested by Company representatives.
General Contract Management - The Exports & Government Contracts Manager will:
- Assist in drafting, reviewing and negotiating Company’s non-disclosure agreements and customer purchase order terms and conditions in compliance with the Contracts Departments’ contract review, approval and execution policies.
- Ensure that contracts are filed and/or stored accurately and completely in the Company’s files and/or databases.
- Assist in managing the Contracts Department’s SharePoint site for contract review requests.
Other duties may be assigned in addition to the above.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience in exports compliance and government contracting or related position. Experience in the aerospace industry is highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of and experience in Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Office of Foreign Assets Control Regulations (OFAC) and Customs Regulations.
- Working knowledge of and experience with FARs, DFARs, and other government agency acquisition regulations; general knowledge of pre-award and post-award federal government contracting industry practices, techniques, and standards.
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial contracting principles and general business practices.
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal), adept problem solving ability, ability to influence others, and excellent attention to detail.
- Confidence and ability to clearly present defensible interpretations of contractual provisions or government regulations during disputes while working towards an amicable resolution.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat is required. Experience with SharePoint and SAP are a plus