Provides quality clinical information in fast-paced production laboratory by accurately performing hands-on instruction and assisting in a variety of laboratory tests and procedures. Mentor and lead staff daily to include work process improvements on evening shift operations.
- Oversees work flow processing of clinical orders and specimens
- Independently performs testing procedures, and reports test results according to standard operating procedures and CLIA guidelines.
- Demonstrates departmental policies including those pertaining to safety and compliance.
- Uses critical thinking principles in decision making that leads to desired outcomes for customer satisfaction to include meeting aggressive turnaround times with results.
- Operates instruments using established protocols and quality assurance check and performs preventive and corrective maintenance on instruments.
- Performs, records, and analyzes quality control data, makes judgments concerning results, and takes appropriate action to maintain accuracy and precision.
- Actively promotes a lean culture by performing duties to promote an understanding and consistent use of lean principals and processes.
- Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with clinical customer and departmental policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
- Experience in a high volume diagnostic clinical laboratory setting
- Bachelor's degree in medical technology, chemical, biological, or clinical laboratory science from an accredited institution
- Proven experience mentoring professional staff including Technicians, Generalists and Lead Staff in production setting.
- ASCP Certification preferred, not required.