Our client is a 100 year-old global, family owned company that is an industry leader in providing material handling, wastewater treatment, pollutant control, BOP services, and other systems to support the power, coal wastewater & other industries. We are exclusively partnering with them on an Estimating Manager opening focused on BOP (Balance of Plant) & Construction services to work out of their HQ in the northern Chicago suburbs. This is a new role due to growth.
Our client has 80% of the market share and a great reputation within their areas of expertise. We are looking for an experienced Engineer with strong BOP (Balance of Plant) knowledge & excellent communication skills to drive projects and identify opportunities for additional business. This is a direct-hire (salaried) position offering a strong compensation package with benefits and a strong possibility of continued professional growth & promotion opportunities.
Estimating Manager Responsibilities
- Develop an estimating database based on their own personal experience and knowledge as it relates to construction.
- Will be responsible for creating an installation estimate and being confident it will be within 10% of the actual/firm estimates once the actual labor contractor provides a quote.
- Apply varying labor rates based on location and type of work
- Drive proposals opportunities involving BOP (Balance of Plant) & Construction Services.
- Own the technical estimation and scope definition processes for proposals. Identify solutions to support BOP & Construction proposals in a cost-effective manner.
- Review technical system designs.
- Lead the technical estimation process.
- Attend sales calls involving the Field Sales Team.
- Develop & maintain relationships with multiple internal departments, contractors, Engineering partners, and key customers.
Estimating Manager Requirements
- A Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Construction Management or a similar field.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Engineering in the areas of industrial power, utilities, construction, Balance of Plant, or a related area.
- Must have extensive experience providing installation estimates to customers with accuracy.
- Previous experience building out an estimation database to increase the speed and accuracy of quotes is highly preferred.
- The ideal candidate could possibly come from Contracting Companies or Engineering companies. We are looking for someone that has deep installation knowledge to do their own estimates without consulting with others
- Ability to travel as needed.