* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
Shift: Monday-Friday (1st, 2nd, and 3rd Shifts available)
What You Will Do:
In this role, you will work within electronic, mechanical, electromechanical, or optical areas. Provide mechanical and equipment design input for new equipment. Provide first level of troubleshooting when issues from the floor are elevated to the equipment engineering department. Will be involved in refurbishment and design improvements for existing equipment. Construct, troubleshoot, adjust, test, and maintain equipment, components, devices, or systems. Will work from schematics, engineering drawings, and written or verbal instructions. Operate related equipment; conduct tests and report data in prescribed format. Prepare reports and recommends solutions to technical problems as needed.
Will partner with maintenance technicians to repair equipment. Provide guidance and training to maintenance technical personnel. Work with plant maintenance personnel to standardize on equipment and components. Perform process improvements to safety systems that conforms to the required legal and standard requirements. Making sure all plant requirements for equipment, safety, and quality are met for system upgrades. Will follow the change control process for equipment changes. Will work on assignments that are sophisticated in nature where considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations.
- Supervise vendors for mechanical/equipment work on equipment.
- Prepare user requirement specifications for mechanical work performed by outside resources.
- Lead projects for equipment upgrades on existing equipment.
- Prepare reports, maintain records, and requisition supplies and parts.
- Troubleshoot problems by collecting machine information and data.
- Perform upgrades of current equipment.
- Assemble mechanical systems from drawings and schematics.
- Prepare mechanical/pneumatic/plumbing drawings for improvements.
- Work with maintenance standards and procedures.
- Support maintenance department in troubleshooting of production equipment.
- Perform installation and troubleshooting of new equipment of electro-mechanical components.
Educational & Work Requirements:
- PREFERRED: Associate’s Degree in Technical Field (Electrical, Electronics, Mechatronics and 3+ years in automation technician role and troubleshooting within a manufacturing environment.
- Solid knowledge of mechanical systems.
- Knowledge of electro-mechanical systems and infrastructure (sensors, solenoids)
- Knowledge of pneumatic systems; ability to be hands on with equipment.
- Experience with troubleshooting of automation, pneumatic, mechanical systems
- Knowledge of machine safety requirements (OHSA, ANSI, ISO)
- Ability to read and decipher schematics and make modifications if necessary
- Experience with vendor management.
- CAD experience (AutoCAD, Solidworks, E-drawings) preferred.
- Project leadership skills preferred.
Title: Equipment Technician
Location: Durham NC
Client Job ID: 1582479