* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
Shift: Monday-Friday (1st, 2nd, and 3rd Shifts available)
What You Will Do:
In this role, you will provide technical expertise in the design, construction, and process debug of assembly automation and related manufacturing equipment.
- Provide recommendations for the design, development, implementation and analysis of technical systems and to perform equipment engineering design evaluations.
- Identify and implements alterations, re-designs, refurbishments to current equipment to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
- Provide technical assistance in installation and maintenance of company equipment. Analyze equipment malfunctions and accordingly develop corrective actions.
- Estimates manufacturing cost and makes recommendations for tooling and process requirements of new or existing product lines.
- Work with Manufacturing and Product Development groups on evaluating and implementing capacity, cost reduction and new opportunities.
- As required, maintains records and reporting systems for coordination of manufacturing equipment.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors.
- Provide Solidworks mechanical drawings for fabricated components.
- Work with vendors on automation designs to meet equipment specifications.
- Installation and training of new assembly equipment into manufacturing.
- Involvement with process studies including process monitoring, recording data, calculate, analyze and give recommendations of data/test results.
Educational & Work Requirements:
- REQUIRED: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Automation or Controls Engineering.
- Minimum 3+ years’ mechanical design experience in a manufacturing (or similar) environment.
- On call rotation for off shift support as needed.
- Proficiency in SolidWorks or equivalent for mechanical drawings required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong technical writing and documentation skills for developing functional specifications, machine specifications, maintenance procedures, validation and qualification protocols.
- Mechanical design aptitude and able to use engineering methods and machine knowledge to create, modify, re-design machine assembly drawings and part details.
- Performance Excellence training – green belt or higher certification.
- LEAN manufacturing training.
- Working knowledge of controls and instrumentation.
- Extensive knowledge of equipment processes.
- Exposure to high volume plastic extrusion and injection molding manufacturing.
Title: Equipment Engineer
Location: Durham NC
Client Job ID: 1582480