Lucas Group has partnered with our client in on their search for a Environmental Engineer.
**Seeking Candidates with Military Backgrounds**
Scope of Responsibilities:
The Position: Environmental Engineer: Primary goals are to maintain compliance to avoid costly fines and enforcement; plus reduction of production cost related to environmental (i.e. waste generation/disposal, water usage).
- Supports environmental compliance at the Cincinnati Plant
- Supports HSE&S Manager in sustainability and other HSE task as assigned
- Monitors the performance of the environmental protection facilities on site to guarantee full compliance with local laws and regulations
- Monitors the ongoing remediation facilities for ground water on site
- Prepare, submit and support negotiation of environmental permit applications including Title V Air Permit, Indirect Wastewater Discharge Permit.
- Prepare calculations and submit environmental reports such as Title V Compliance Certifications, Air Emission Estimations, Hazardous Waste Reporting, Wastewater Discharge Sampling and Analysis Reporting, Tier II Reporting, Toxic Release Inventory Reporting.
- Support the plant’s wastewater and stormwater treatment plant operations.
- Conduct regular inspections and maintain records of air, wastewater, waste, spill and emergency response equipment.
- Coordinate plant environmental remediation activities with contractor and regulatory agency.
- Assist in emergency response planning and response activities for spills, SPCC, RMP, releases to the environmental.
- Develop, implement, and train on elements of environmental compliance.
- Develop waste profiles and manage shipments of hazardous, non-hazardous and universal waste generated at the facility.
- Maintain RCRA and USDOT HAZMAT and other training compliance.
- Develop metrics and achieve sustainability and waste minimization goals.
- Support HSE department during corporate- and self-audits, regulatory inspections, and loss prevention activities.
- Compile the data for the Sustainability Report for wastewater, air emissions and solid/liquid waste.
- 3…5 years of relevant experience, preferable in the chemical or related manufacturing environment.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Software, particularly MS Excel.
- Proven leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Relevant Chemistry Training or Experience is a plus.
- Experience in the managing and handling of different waste classes.
- Experience in Operation of Environmental Protection Facilities is a plus.
Title: Environmental Engineer
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Client Industry: Manufacturing
Lucas Group ID: