* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
Lucas Group has partnered with our client, a global supplier of critical materials to semiconductor manufacturers and pipeline operators, in Portland OR on their search for an Engineering Manager.
Operating from 35 locations around the world with approximately 2,200 employees, the organization runs a fast-paced, mission-driven team which thrives on innovative thinking and is committed to creating a caring culture that supports learning, collaboration and experimentation.
What You Will Do:
This Engineering Manager role will directly lead the Engineers in charge of the processes, product and equipment in the Blend/Cast module. This role will direct activities for running day to day engineering operations, solving problems, and process & equipment continuous improvement work. They will also develop and drive towards a vision for improving and optimizing the engineering processes and systems.
The team reporting to this manager will own sustaining and quality assurance activities for commercial products as well as continuous improvement projects to drive process efficiency and reduce product variation. The manager will work closely with site leaders from the various business functions in order to ensure all functions are supported appropriately from the Blend & Cast engineers for manufacturing excellence. The position reports to the Production Engineering Manager.
- Equipment maintenance/repair and technical understanding of production machines required.
- Strong statistical knowledge and background related to Six Sigma, SPC/SQC, and Lean Manufacturing required.
- Engineering knowledge and experience with thermoset compression molding and/or chemical mixing/blending operations is a plus.
- Knowledge of Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) computer systems is ideal
- Shown understanding of programmable logic controllers (PLC) and experience in testing, maintaining and modifying existing control systems a plus.
Educational & Work Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in Polymer, Chemical, Materials, or Mechanical Engineering or related technical field required.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in manufacturing or Navy Nuclear experience required
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt preferred.
- Experience with statistical software is required, experience with Minitab and/or JMP preferred.
About Lucas Group
Lucas Group is North America’s premier executive recruiting solutions firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist clients ranging in size from small to medium-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies by providing staffing solutions on a contract, contract-to-hire, and direct-hire basis. To learn more, please visit Lucas Group at www.lucasgroup.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
Title: Engineering Manager
Location: Portland OR
Client Industry: Manufacturing (Electrical & Mechanical components)
Client Job ID: 1579282