Title: Employee Relations Consultant & Specialist
Location: Boston, MA
Lucas Group Job ID: 1570063
Travel: up to 50%
Role Overview: Lucas Group is looking for an Employee Relations Consultant & Specialist for a large manufacturing firm in the greater Boston, MA area. This person must be driven to succeed and have a passion for working with people to solve organizational issues. The company relies on the employee relations team to boost morale, increase engagement, quickly resolve issues, and more! If you are looking for the next step to jump start your career in HR Management in a dynamic environment, look no further!
- Lead the proactive employee relations initiatives to promote comradery, employee satisfaction, and performance.
- Travel to various sites in the US to conduct interviews focused on increased performance, retention, and engagement in order to maximize performance.
- Work with managers in the company on progressive discipline processes to include coaching, improvement, corrective action, and terminations.
- Investigate any claim of bias, harassment, discrimination, violence, and other issues to find quick resolve and appropriate action.
- Create and infuse company culture to ensure positive work environments.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, or related field.
- At least 1-3 years (specialist) or 3-5 years (consultant) experience in human resources, business, or related field.
- Preference is given to candidates who are bilingual in Spanish and English (not required at specialist level, must have on consultant level).
- Knowledge of general HR practices, professional guidelines, and employee relations and retention. Any knowledge of union environments is a HUGE plus!
- Driven to perform and interact with employees on all levels; must be willing to build culture and consistently talk with and build positive relationships with employees and their managers.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time in the United States, including up to once per month; travel, at times, may be short notice.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding employee-specific issues, in compliance with company policy, local and federal regulations.
Since our founding nearly 50 years ago, Lucas Group has led and continuously transformed the executive recruiting industry by delivering transcendent executive talent to our corporate clients while helping individuals fully realize their career ambitions. Our collaborative culture attracts and rewards the industry’s top recruiters and, coupled with industry-leading methodologies, drives superior results.
We have unparalleled reach across major U.S. cities, job functions and industries, with divisions specializing in Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Military Transition, Sales & Marketing, Supply Chain & Operations, as well as Contract Engineering.
From a one-man operation in 1970 in Atlanta, Lucas Group has grown to nearly 450 employees and our success is built on unmatched customer service and bottom line results.
Our objective: To be a trusted consultant for all of your professional recruiting and placement needs.