* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
Lucas Group has partnered with our client, one of the world’s largest manufacturers of foodservice products and packaging, on their search for an Electro-Mechanical Technician in Downingtown PA. The company supplies every major North American foodservice retailer and distributor, with a global operation comprised of over 11,000 associates. They nurture a sustained, company-wide camaraderie throughout every level of the organization, sharing values collectively with a commitment to growth & prosperity for each individual.
What You Will Do:
- Ability to utilize electrical test equipment and ability to isolate defects in wiring, switches, motors and other electrical equipment.
- Responsible for electrical design, installation, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair work.
- Installs conduits, transformers, pull boxes and switches; services and repairs starters, motors and various other types of electrical equipment (checking, testing & replacing faulty components, circuits, printed circuit boards and other similar electronic devices.)
- Knowledge of low & high voltage electrical systems / basic wiring principles.
- Starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown and in line with OSHA requirements.
- Troubleshoots and repairs electric controls, motor control centers and programmable logic controls (PLC); ability to program, troubleshoot and maintain PLC.
- Installs and repairs electrical equipment, designs electrical controls circuits and installs electrical wiring. Draws electrical & electronic equipment; reads and interprets blueprints and schematics.
- Ability to measure, cut, thread, pull and install electrical conduit.
- Fabricates parts using machine and hand tools common to the trade.
- 5+ years journey-level industrial experience (installing, maintaining & repairing industrial equipment).
- Thorough knowledge of electrical theory and principles, NEC, properties of materials and principles of operations of electrical equipment.
- Working knowledge of fabrication, installation & maintenance of production and support equipment (e.g. Arc welders, oxy-acetylene torches, saws, drills, grinders, pumps, engines).
- Must satisfactorily meet testing/training requirements
About Lucas Group
Lucas Group is North America’s premier executive recruiting solutions firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist clients ranging in size from small to medium-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies by providing staffing solutions on a contract, contract-to-hire, and direct-hire basis. To learn more, please visit Lucas Group at www.lucasgroup.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
Title: Electro-Mechanical Technician
Location: Downingtown PA
Client Industry: Packaging & Containers
Client Job ID: 1579102