* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
* Responsible for preventive maintenance on finishing equipment.
* Responsible for troubleshooting and repairing "down" finishing equipment.
* Responsible for performing complex electrical troubleshooting and making complex electrical repairs.
* Responsible for making all types of mechanical repairs.
* May be required to perform work on the building, grounds, or at other locations within the plant.
* Perform lockout as required for service.
* Complete work orders with little supervision as assigned by Lead or Supervisor.
* Insure accurate work orders are turned in for all work completed.
* Communicate issues and concerns with Lead or Supervisor.
* Responsible for maintaining a clean and neat working area.
* Must always put safety first above all else. Must report any unsafe acts or conditions to your supervisor immediately.
* Must be willing to work overtime as needed to insure the maintenance and uptime of the finishing lines.
* Support efforts by team members to strive for continuous improvement.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
Education, Experience and Skills
* a high school diploma or general equivalency degree (GED) is preferred.
* minimum of 2 years of vocational or technical training in industrial mechanics, pneumatics, or hydraulics. Strong electrical background desired.
* minimum of 3 years of industrial mechanical maintenance experience.
* good written and oral communication skills.
* good PC skills with a knowledge of Windows.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common business documents such as pallet tickets, manufacturing schedules, or job orders. Ability to listen and communicate effectively with co-workers and customers/clients in an effort to respond to common inquires or complaints. Good oral and written communication skills.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts like addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an assorted number of tasks or instructions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, knell, bend, twist, and walk. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to speak and communicate with other employees, be able to hear well enough to recognize warning signals, forklifts, and announcements. Employee must be able to see different characteristics in wood products. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 20 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Indoor and outdoor manufacturing environment. The noise level is usually moderate to high and hearing protection may be required. Safety glasses are required. Work gloves and weather protective equipment are recommended and may be required at times. Occasional overtime and weekend work required.