Our client is one of the worlds largest manufacturers of float, coated and fabricated glass products. At its 25 plants around the globe, it produces high performances glass for use in exterior (both commercial and residential) and interior architectural application, as well as transportation and technical products. Their products can be found in homes, offices, cars and some of the world’s most iconic architectural landmarks.
We are seeking you to become our clients next Project Engineer for Electrical Systems.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Work with Eng-Ex, Regional, and Facility teams to develop project scopes, budgets, and schedules
- Define appropriate system redundancies
- Manage all aspects related to assigned portion of projects
- Prepare equipment and system requirements including design as required, specifications, installation scopes of work and RFQs
- Perform contractor analyses and selection, contract and contractor management as required
- Supervise the on-site activities to assure the implementation to be done in full respect of safety rules, respecting timeline, budget and quality requirements
- Manage the scope, budget, and schedule throughout the project and document, justify, and obtain approvals for significant changes
- Technical support to operation
- Experience with industrial capital projects and skilled in designs and installation supervision of electrical systems. Proven track record of successfully designing, specifying, contracting, and supervising equipment and systems installation.
- Knowledge of PLC (e.g. Siemens S7; Siemens S5; and related programming languages: Allan Bradley; Honeywell; etc.) would be beneficial
- Excellent knowledge of Electrical Systems; MCCs; medium and high voltage; ability to define and design electrical installations; knowledge of electrical distribution
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technical degree
- Advanced Technical Degree / Float Glass Experience
- Fluent in English, any additional language is considered an advantage