Function: Participates in the design, improvement, installation, and modification of all electrical systems and equipment at the site.
Makes, reads, trouble-shoots electrical wiring diagrams. Has knowledge of electrical and electronic components, wiring practices as described by the National Electrical Code. Can trouble-shoot electrical problems on equipment while practicing electrical safety. HVAC electrical controls experience a definite plus.
- BS/BSET degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, or Controls Engineering
- Capable of using common hand tools, Gages, multimeters and hand-operated power equipment.
- Safety training in applicable industry areas, i.e., arc flash, lock out/tag out, etc..
- NEC Certification preferred.
- Generate electrical schematics for production and verify accuracy before releasing.
- Generate electrical schematics for units requested by sales.
- Calculate electrical data for dual point power units, FLA, and MOP based on recognized methods.
- Assist with electrical questions from sales/customers.
- Assist with electrical issues/inquiries from Technical Support Department
- Review and approve deviations from standard practice including electrical component requests from purchasing, design engineering, or production regarding compliance with NEC, UL 1995, or other applicable standards.
- Assist in performing electrical troubleshooting and testing of equipment in production and in product development.
- Determine and establish wiring and component installation practices and verify these are communicated when necessary on production assembly drawings and other technical support materials where appropriate.
- Reads, interprets, and draws wiring diagrams in CAD.
- Generate Lisp routines to automate electrical wiring diagrams.
Client Job ID: 1580603