* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
Our client is a leading manufacturer of navigational motion-control systems for various military and commercial applications; we have partnered with them in their search for an Electrical Engineer in the eastern Asheville NC area.
As an Electrical Engineer, you’ll be responsible for the design, development and execution of projects utilizing embedded electronic controls for a range of electro-mechanical. Also required: the design of analog and digital circuit design and layout, power electronics, electric motor control theory, embedded software/firmware, system controls and overall system mathematical modeling.
- Contribute to proposal efforts, prototype development, testing and other New Product Introduction (NPI) activities culminating in the transition of new products into production.
- Review and interpret customer requirements.
- Work with a senior engineer to develop electronic designs for control of specific components and systems.
- Develop and validate system performance models and predictions.
- Coordinate design analyses using Matlab®, Mathcad®, and Pspice® (or other computer-aided engineering/simulation tools).
- BS, Electrical Engineering required; MS in Electrical Engineering a plus
- Technical versatility in electronics design
- 5+ years minimum experience in Engineering; aerospace industry experience is preferred
- Knowledge of the following is preferred:
- Electronic components and test equipment
- Systems engineering
- Analog and digital circuit design
- Printed circuit board (PCB) layout
- Electromagnetic interference and susceptibility
- PCB manufacturing and assembly processes
Title: Electrical Engineer
Location: eastern Asheville, NC
Lucas Group Job ID: 1578238