Lucas Group has partnered with our client in on their search for a Regional EHS Manager.
**Seeking Candidates with a Military Background**
Scope of Responsibilities:
The Position: The EHS Manager will develop and implement programs to meet and exceed EHS performance standards.
- Develop and implement corporate EHS policies, procedures and programs to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Submit new environmental permit applications and/or renewals on time with the correct supporting documentation.
- Lead compliance with OSHA’s Process Safety Management (PSM) Program.
- Accompany regulatory agencies on all routine audits, incident investigations, and/or employee complaint visits.
- Implement an incident investigation process including robust root cause analysis.
- Prepare EHS related training material for site trainers.
- Address concerns and implement best practices previously identified by EHS gap analyses.
- All GLC employees are expected to produce our products in a manner that exceeds the quality and value expectation of our customers and consumers by adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices,
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the manager.
- Regional leadership responsibilities for: EHS clerks, Coordinators, Specialists & Supervisors as applicable.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Environmental, Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or other related EHS field.
- 5 years of EH&S experience showing progressive responsibilities.
- Demonstrated success in leading and implementing EHS programs and systems in a manufacturing environment.
- Capable of leading and implementing programs that impact key performance indicators.
- Strong leadership, organization and project management skills.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated understanding of standard EHS reporting methods and metrics.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Up to 50% of travel as needed.
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Environmental, Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or other related EHS field.
- Food and beverage industry experience.
- Direct implementation experience and subject matter expertise in some of the following disciplines; Behavioral Based Safety & Safety Culture, Ammonia refrigeration/PSM, Lock out Tag out, Electrical Safety, Dust Hazard Analysis, Hazardous & Universal Waste, and/or Fall Protection/Aerial Work
- Experience with permit submittals and environmental compliance in the states where we operate.
- At least 1 year or more direct experience leading people.
- Hair nets, ear plugs/muffs, hardhats, and/or safety glasses may be required.
- Occasional exposure to industrial operations including: temperature extremes from approximately 35ºF to 100ºF; noise levels in excess of 85 dB; moisture and moving machinery.
Title: Regional EHS Manager
Location: Western NY
Client Industry: Food Manufacturing
Lucas Group ID: